Wednesday, October 10, 2018
I tried this on a whim unsure of what it might turn out to be and behold: it was super tasty!!
It came from Together as a Family under 30 minute meals and she calls it a Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl. MMMmmmm GOOD! She uses broccoli in her recipe, but I used green beans this this time.
1 lb ground chicken
1 t onion powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 C chopped small fresh broccoli, or fresh green beans
3/4 C shredded or thinly sliced carrots
Teriyaki sauce (homemade or I used PF Changs)
cooked white or brown rice
chopped green onions, for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground chicken, onion powder and garlic. Cook until browned.
2. Add carrots and broccoli/green beans and stir well. Pour teriyaki sauce in and stir. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions.
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
1 T italian herb blend
1-2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
salt and pepper, to taste
1 5-pound pork tenderloin
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a bowl. combine Italian seasonings, garlic and salt and pepper.
3. Rub oil onto the tenderloin followed by rubbing on the herb mix.
4. Bake in oven for about 3 hours, or less if pork is less than 5 lbs. You want the temperature to reach at least 145 degrees.
5. Slice thin, and serve immediately.
Monday, October 8, 2018
These are absolutely thick and luscious potatoes made instantly!!
3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
|Picture used from Tasty Thin, where the recipe comes from|
4 T butter or ghee
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 t kosher salt
optional 1 tsp all purpose seasoning (2 T garlic powder, 2 T onion powder, 1 T chili powder, 1 T paprika, 1 T parsley, 1 1/2 t black pepper)
1. Combine all ingredients in the instant pot. Seal lid and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. When time is up, quick release pressure.
2. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip potatoes.
3. For extra richness, add milk or coconut milk! (1/2 C)
1 T ghee
1 C diced carrots
1 C diced onion
1/2 C diced celery
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
1/2 T all purpose salt free seasoning (2 T garlic powder, 2 T onion powder, 1 T chili powder, 1 T paprika, 1 T parsley, 1 1/2 t black pepper)
2 T tomato paste
1 T coconut aminos
1 C chicken broth
1 C spinach leaves, chopped
2 C mashed potatoes made in instant pot
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots, onion and celery. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until veggies soften.
3. Add garlic, beef, and seasoning. Break up beef until browned.
4. Stir in tomato paste, coconut aminos, broth and spinach. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone.
5. Place meat mixture in a large baking dish and spread mashed potatoes on top. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Broil for the last few minutes for a golden crust.