Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh my, peanut butter pie.

Oh my goodness, this recipe will leave you and your guests fully satisfied after your dinner meal.  I urge you to try this recipe soon!





Peanut butter pie
Adapted from Baked Bree (I mainly cut the sugar)

Crust:
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1 T sugar
6 T unsalted butter, melted

Mix together and press into a pie pan. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool and start on filling.

Filling:
2 C heavy whipping cream
1 C peanut butter (I use Smucker's Natural)
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1/2 C to 1 C mini chocolate chips (optional)

Whip heavy cream and set aside. Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add vanilla. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mix. Add chocolate chips if desired. Pour/scoop into crust. Spread chocolate chips on top. Chill before serving.

 

 

*I don't always add the chocolate chips in the mix, I sprinkle them sparingly on top, and it is the perfect amount of chocolate for me. It just depends on your tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment