Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is your go-to meal? Well, mine usually involves chicken. However, this post is not the recipe to my go-to meal, which, by the way, is chicken burritos. This recipe is me venturing outside the box to try another recipe that is quick! I think you will like it....

How often do you get to eat turkey? Thanksgiving, right? Well fear no more turkey lovers! I have an excellent turkey breast recipe I am willing to share. I say willing because this could honestly be a dish that your guests rave about! Best thing for you--it is easy...tasty...and different from the norm.

Marinated Turkey Breast
*I only made two breasts for us, but you could easily double this recipe--also, with the amount of marinade it makes, I think there is enough for you to add two more breasts without even having to double it.

Look at those babes!! Yum, yum.

What you will need:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T finely chopped basil
1/2 t ground black pepper
2 pounds turkey breast (I pounded them down with my meat tenderizer)
1/4 C veggie oil
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T lemon juice
1 T brown sugar

What you need to do:
1. Pound out the turkey breast. Do this especially if you are short on time because the marinade will soak in to the meat quicker. I didn't make them very thin, I did about 3/4''-1'' in thickness. 
2. Place the breasts in a Ziploc bag. Mix in the garlic, basil and pepper. Close the bag and shake around until ingredients are all over the breasts.
3. In a bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar, until sugar seems dissolved. Mix into the Ziploc bag. Close the bag and mix around to coat breasts. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours. The longer the better. (I did this recipe last minute and 2 hours was fine too, but true fact--will be better the longer it marinates)
4. Preheat grill on high heat.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate. Turn heat on low and place turkeys on the grill cooking for 15 minutes on both sides or until it reaches a temperature of 170 degrees.

Serve with green beans and shallots (scroll to the bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment