Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chicken Piccata

Looking for a recipe that is quick, easy and has a small clean-up? Well, look no further! I recently ran into this recipe into the back of my card box...I forgot all about it. I used to swear by it when I lived in Virginia. Glad I rediscovered it!
I think you may like it!


This recipe was slightly adapted from Giada!

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~1 cup all-purpose flour
3 T butter
3 T olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice
3/4 C chicken broth or stock
chopped fresh parsley

1. Dredge chicken in flour covering both sides. Shake off any excess flour.
2. In a skillet, melt 2 T butter and 3 T olive oil. When it begins to sizzle, place chicken in pan for 3 minutes per side until golden. (if your pan isn't big enough, work in batches--adding 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil per batch).
3. After chicken cooks, add lemon juice and broth. Bring juices to a boil. Stir with a wooden spoon and scrape up any brown bits. Once boiling, add chicken back to the pan and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until liquid thickens into a gravy-like sauce. Take chicken out and add 1 T butter. Whisk vigorously. Pour over chicken and garnish with parsley.

Thank you Giada! -Food Network


No comments:

Post a Comment