Monday, May 20, 2013
I never tried eggplant until I had eggplant parmesan and boy do I wish I had discovered it sooner. I cannot wait to find some recipes that call for eggplant besides this dish. There's got to be something, right?
I recommend using your own grated mozzarella and reggiano parmesan cheese to make this meal that much better.
1-2 medium eggplants (depending on the size of people you are serving)
1 1/2 C plain dried
1/2 C grated parmesan reggiano cheese
1 C all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1/4 C veggie oil
handfuls of your own grated mozzarella cheese
your favorite tomato sauce, warmed up
1. Peel the skin off of your eggplant, rinse and dry. Slice eggplant into thin 1/4'' rounds.
2. In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Put flour and eggs in two more shallow dishes.
4. Dip eggplant slice into flour (shaking off excess), then eggs, and then breadcrumbs.
5. In batches, fry the eggplant until golden brown and tender, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towl.
6. Serve eggplant by topping with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!!