This recipe was surprisingly delicious! I was worried as I was cooking it that it may be too salty (from the soy sauce) or too sweet (from the pineapple). However, the end result was neither too salty or sweet. In fact, I don't recall any saltiness let alone a burst of any serious sweetness. I got this recipe from Skinny Taste and I will definitely make this again in the future. Also, forget the carbs and eat this with no bun! Healthified!
For the burger-
For the sauce-
1. For the burgers: Gently combine the ground beef with grated carrots, scallions, ginger, soy sauce and sriracha sauce. Form into 8 equal sized patties, try not to overwork the meat so it doesn't get tough.
2. For the teriyaki sauce: Combine the cornstarch in cold water and dissolve. Set aside.
3. Mix soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic in small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil and simmer until sauce reduces, about 15 to 18 minutes. Add cornstarch water mixture and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Heat the grill. Spray with oil. Place the patties on the grill and cook on high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until burgers are cooked to your liking. While the burgers are cooking, grill the pineapple slices for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
5. Top with the cooked burger and 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce, then top with grilled pineapple.