Sunday, January 31, 2016

Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash Soup


This recipe was so good that I almost ate the entire batch... Oops! The following week I made it again but I multiplied it times 4 and froze a bunch of it!!! This soup is not only freezer friendly, but it is gluten and dairy free! I took this from the Skinny Taste cookbook.

40 oz butternut squash
1/4 t nutmeg
3/4 t cinnamon
1 T coconut oil
1/4 C shallots, minced
1 C coconut milk
2 C chicken broth or veggie broth if you want to make it vegan

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a foil lined baking sheet, toss squash in nutmeg and cinnamon. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, covered with foil. In a large pot, heat oil and saute the shallots for about 1 minute. Add the butternut squash, coconut milk, and chicken broth and cook for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Top with toasted coconut or I bet hemp seeds would be great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment