Thursday, June 22, 2017

Marinated Pork chops


OMG, the simplicity and flavor of this dish is perfecto. I bought some pork chops in bulk, marinated them, and vacuum sealed them for the freezer. If you are a planner then I highly recommend doing this. I prefer bone in pork chops over boneless, but you could do either. I feel like bone-in are more tender. Thanks to Mel's Kitchen Cafe, one of my immediate go-to's when I'm looking for delicious recipes.

4 bone-in or boneless pork chops
1/4 C olive oil
2 1/2 T soy sauce (or coconut aminos!)
1 t steak seasoning (I swear by Chicago chophouse), suggested was a Montreal steak seasoning

1. Mix the olive oil, sauce, and steak seasoning in a small bowl. Add the pork chops to a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the top. Refrigerate for at least 3-24 hours.
2. Heat a grill to medium and grill 6 minutes per side, 8 minutes if they are very thick. Temperature should read 145-155 degrees. Remove chops from the grill, tent with foil, and rest 5 minutes.
**I swear by cooking them exactly at 6 minutes per side. They turn out good every time.

-----> this is the suggestion for homemade seasoning from Mel's Kitchen Cafe: 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon kosher/coarse salt, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon coriander, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes. Combine all the spices together and store in an airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment