Thursday, April 2, 2020

Oven Baked Ribs

Oh my, I've forgotten how good a slow cooked rack of ribs tastes in the oven! I have resorted to the instant pot so much for them and changed it up the other day and I must say I'm going to make these more often! Smoky and succulent and not to mention fall apart tender! It was my last rib rack from my hometown butcher, Dumas! My last visit to Ohio I stocked up on a ton of fresh beef, brought it home and prepared it for the deep freezer with my vacuum sealer! So glad I did because who knew the Coronavirus would hit and have us on lock down!

This came from an awesome food blog called Inspired Taste. I used my own dry rub but their directions are spot on for a perfect rack.



1-2 rack of ribs (always remove the skin if you want it fall apart tender!)
Dry rub:
1/4 C dry rub- 1/4 C dry rub-1/4 C brown sugar, 2 t chili powder, 2 t paprika, 1 t salt, 1 t dry mustard. 1 t dry oregano, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 t onion powder, 1/4 t ground pepper
Your favorite BBQ sauce (the recipe I use is secret!)


  • Prepare your ribs. 
    Heat oven to 275 degrees. 
    Place ribs meat-side up into a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half in order for them to fit into the pan).
    Cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil, and then bake until the meat falls easily from the bones, 3 to 4 hours. I prefer the ladder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment