Most of the information I found came from this site.
I found this neat collage that outlines ways to reduce that stress. I plan on exercising a handful of these! How about you?
Foods that can help with stress & other moods:
- sweet potatoes
- dried apricots
- almonds, pistachios, & walnuts
Feeling cranky? eat an apple with peanut butter
Feeling angry? drink green tea
Feeling sad? eat whole grain cereal
PMS? eat an egg salad sandwich
One of my favorite quotes is, "If you don't think the little things in life matter, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room." So really, it is the little things that count, even when it comes to reducing your stress!
- Work out in the morning. You will feel accomplished for the rest of the day.
- Always do your unpleasant tasks first. I really like this train of thought--it's a business principle that is called "eat the frog." Basically, the idea is that you do the worst thing on your plate first & the rest of your day is a breeze. It was developed from Mark Twain's quote, "Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day."
- Always eat a good breakfast
- Don't get on your email, facebook, or blogs first thing in the morning. Time is easily lost.
- Create your own traditions. Choose a special day that is meaningful to your family and go all out as if it were Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Who said you can only make a big turkey once a year?
- Bake chocolate chip cookies and give them away to a stranger
- Be your own biggest cheerleader. Write yourself a letter bragging about all of your good qualities. Read it about 1 month later. And each month following.