What's a palmetto onion?
- It's like a vidalia onion, sweet, but more white in color, & more delicate
- Home grown in South Carolina
- Did I say perdy?!
- Farmers are actually hoping these start to sell well because most people want Vidalia onions--be willing to try something new! They are good!
Grilled chicken with grilled veggies and smashed potatoes (literally)
6 T olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
salt & pepper
1. Adjust rack to top & bottom positions. Preheat oven to 500. Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, pour 3/4 cup water onto the sheet & wrap tightly with foil. Cook on bottom rack 25-30 min.
2. Remove foil and cool for 10 minutes. If any water remains, blot dry with paper towel. Drizzle 3 T olive oil over potatoes & roll to coat. Space potatoes evenly on sheet & use a second baking sheet or potato masher to press down until the potatoes are 1/3-1/2'' thick. Sprinkle with thyme leaves & season generously with salt & pepper. Drizzle 3 T olive oil on top of potatoes.
3. Roast on top rack for 15 minutes, covered with the foil. Transfer to bottom rack & cook until browned, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately!
**If you are in a hurry, I found that roasting on the top rack for 15 minutes, uncovered, works fine too. In fact, I do that often!
You have got to try these potatoes. I love them!!!