Monday, September 5, 2011

Old Fashioned PANCAKES!

There is nothing better in the world than waking up in the morning to eat some hot pancakes! The only downfall is cleaning up the mess that follows!

I've been using this recipe for a long time....I often like to do half wheat flour so I don't feel so guilty!

 
                                                                                                                

 
 Old Fashioned Pancakes
1 1/2 C flour (I like to use half unbleached and half whole wheat)
3 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
1 1/4 C milk (I use 1 1/2 C if using whole wheat flour) 
1 egg
3 T butter, melted
1 t vanilla
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix until just combined. Use 1/4 C batter for each pancake.

 


1 comment:

  1. I agree. They are a perfect breakfast and they are reminders of lazy weekend breakfasts. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete