Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Delicious Pumpkin Bread

If you read my post under this one, it is going to make me seem like a serious hypocrite.

I mentioned that during the holiday season we all tend to gain a little weight. Unfortunate. I then go on to say, "Oh, I will post some healthy recipes for you all!"

Yeaahhhhhh right. I can't hold back sharing this amazing recipe with you.

First of all...Eric LOVES LOVES LOVES (and I cannot emphasize this enough) pumpkin bars. He loves the fall foods--particularly pumpkin--and I've been experimenting lately with different recipes. Next up: Pumpkin cookies and chocolate chip pumpkin bread. The only problem: I've got some competition. See, Eric's absolute favorite pumpkin recipe is his mom's. I can't compete with that. (Hey mom, if you're reading this...yes Eric yearnssssss for that tasty treat ...I can't emphasize that enough...and thank you for giving up the recipe to me so I can please him with a piece of home!! A piece of his family!!!)

Any who.... I plan to share my experimentation on finding all the delectable pumpkin recipes that show success. So without further ado, here is the delicious pumpkin bread recipe I'm dying to share with you! (Apologies for being such a hypocrite!)



Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Icing (makes 3 loaves)
 Bread:
3 1/2 C flour
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 T pumpkin pie spice
1 t salt
3 C sugar
1 C veggie oil
4 eggs
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 C water

In one bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk together. In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and beat until it just comes together.

Pour batter into loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40-60 min.

Icing:
1 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
2 C powdered sugar
3-4 T milk
1 T melted butter

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. (Spread when the bread is completely cool!!!!)


Beware....This could be the start of your holiday weight gain!!! Har Har Har..... Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment