Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy November!!

Recent picture of Eric and I at "Mullet Festival," which sucked horribly.
We've never been into the whole "carnival/amusement park" scene.
Well, well, well, can you believe it is already November? Soon enough we will be making our turkeys, hams, and finger foods for the holiday season. It is no surprise that with cold weather brings comfort foods and weight. It is estimated that during the cold season, eaters gain a whopping 12-15 pounds!

Ja-heeeezz Louise! That weight is not welcome here and I assume it is not welcome on your doorstep either! So therefore, as the holidays hit us fast, enjoy everything your mouth inhales, but keep in mind healthy choices! I will try to post some good stuff in weeks to come!

Let's rewind a little bit. Evidently, I haven't posted anything in nearly a month! APOLOGIES to my avid readers. I am sure you have missed me. I have been a busy busy bee to be completely honest. Teaching has been so demanding and I assure you, I am finally feeling at home with my new workplace! I've been able to make more time for myself too. Therefore, hopefully, you can expect more blog posts!!!!

So back to the rewinding. Despite the fact that Halloween is over, I wanted to share a couple of the goodies I made!

Homemade scary worms! Edible!!! (Gross, but kids would like them)

Scary Worms:
Taken directly from Mels Kitchen Cafe (one of my fav blogs!)
1 pkg (6 oz) red jello
3/4 ounces (3 envelopes) unflavored gelatin
3 C boiling water
3/4 C whipping cream
green food coloring, as needed
100+ plastic straws with bendable necks

Recipe directions Here

Frankenstein Pudding Cups!
One batch vanilla pudding (homemade or boxed), tinted green with a few drops of food coloring
Crushed oreo
See-through plastic cups
Black permanent marker

Make pudding. Let cool completely. When ready to assemble, make a monster face on the outside of the plastic cup with permanent marker.
Fill each cup with the pudding and add crushed oreos on top!


You could do this cup project with any holiday! Be creative!



Those were my Halloween-themed items. I've got some great fall recipes for you, coming next!!!! Happy NOVEMBER y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment