This was an excellent recipe! I used it the next day for a breakfast omelet and a salad!
flank steak (or skirt, or really whatever cut you like)
salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves
1 T thyme
Garlic Butter Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic
pinch of salt
1. A few hours before you want to grill, marinate your steak. Season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and rub with garlic cloves. Rub thyme all over steak. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for a few hours.
2. Remove steak from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking. Heat outdoor grill or cast iron skillet and grill 4-6 minutes per side (I did 4:30).
3. Cover steak with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
4. While the steak is resting, start the butter sauce. Add a stick of butter, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and a generous pinch of salt to a saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat. The garlic will slowly cook in the butter.
5. Slice steak against the grain very thinly. Pour garlic sauce over top and serve.
Use leftovers for tomorrow!
|Lunch and/or dinner|