Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Silky Cauliflower Soup
Holy moly this soup is divine!! I really had my doubts when I made it, but impressive Smitten Kitchen! I will be making this for years to come! Serve with a caesar salad or a tuna salad and voila! You're in for a treat!
1 head cauliflower
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloved garlic, minced
1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
1/2 C finely grated Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Remove the leaves and core from the cauliflower. Chop the cauliflower into small sections, and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and use a hand held immersion blender to puree the soup. Add the parmesan and stir until smooth.
5. Pour into bowls and season to taste. I like to add more parmesan cheese too.