Friday, March 14, 2014
This is my all time favorite carnival food on top of French fries, corn dogs, Stromboli, pretzels, and lemonade. Gotta love another cheat day. Get out that deep fryer if the carnival isn't in town and bring the carnival to your kitchen!!
1 C milk
2 T vinegar
1 T oil
1 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1. Freeze twinkies for several hours.
2. Heat oil in your deep fryer to 375 degrees.
3. Mix together milk, vinegar, and oil. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry.
4. Push sticks into twinkies lengthwise leaving about 2" as a handle. Dust handle with flour. Rotate twinkie into batter and cover completely.
5. Fry ~3-4 minutes and drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or chocolate syrup!