Sunday, January 11, 2015

Steak Pizziola




















I'm thrilled to have stumbled across this recipe. I gave up on the Food Network website for awhile, but I decided after a few years of not really browsing it giving it a little try. Lo and behold I found a dish I can add to my back pocket!

*The recipe calls for boneless sirloin steak, and while it was tasty, I just love filet so I plan on using filet instead.

1 1/4 lbs filet Mignon, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
kosher salt
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1 large onion, sliced 1/4'' thick
2 red bell peppers, sliced 1/2'' thick
4 jarred pepperoncini, drained and thinly sliced
1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/2 t dried oregano
pinch of red pepper flakes
2 T chopped fresh parsley


1. Sprinkle steak with salt. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and sear until cooked about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
2. Add garlic to the skillet. Once it sizzles, add the onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften slightly, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the pepperoncini, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 3/4 C water and stir to combine. Bring to a rapid simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
4. Place steaks on individual serving plates and top with sauce and parsley. Serve with bread and you're in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment