I've tried to healthify Mexican food by using turkey and have always failed. This time around, I used Baked Bree's recipe and it turned out good! Even good enough for leftovers or for the freezer!
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey (I use organic poultry whenever possible)
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
1/2 cup taco sauce or salsa
10 flour tortillas
1. Saute the red onion in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the ground turkey and begin to brown.
3. Once the ground turkey begins to brown, add taco seasoning. Mix well.
4. When browning is complete, add taco sauce or salsa (I use taco sauce and serve salsa on the side for dipping). Simmer on low for five minutes.
5. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Using the tortillas, add turkey mix and cheese. Roll tortilla up tightly and place seam side down on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.