Monday, September 14, 2015

Shrimp Scampi Linguine...with angel hair pasta


Sometimes you just need a solid pasta dish to fill you up. Well this my friends is a simple, filling, and tasty dinner. I did not have linguine on hand and I wanted to use some angel hair pasta I had. I really liked it! I would probably use again. This recipe was found on FoodNetwork from Tyler Florence. I've never made his recipes, but perhaps I'll take a peek into what else he has in store for my kitchen!

1 pound linguine, or angel hair pasta
4 T butter
4 T olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 shallots, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (I love shrimp so a little extra is okay)
kosher salt and fresh black pepper
1/2 C dry white wine
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 C finely chopped parsley leaves

1. Cook the pasta according to directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 T butter in 2 T olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan cooking until they turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
4. Add wine and lemon juice to pan and bring to a boil. Add 2 T butter and 2 T oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan. At this point you will have probably drained the pasta. Go ahead and pour the shrimp and juices from the pan into your pot of pasta.
5. Add parsley and stir well. Season with salt and pepper and a bit more olive oil. Serve immediately with fresh Parmesan cheese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment