Monday, September 14, 2015
If you are familiar with these chicken sandwiches, then you know that there is a particular taste to them. Well guess what. The secret ingredient is pickle juice! Whoa!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C dill pickle juice
1/4 C milk
1 C flour
2 T powdered sugar
1 t paprika
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t dried basil
3 C peanut oil for frying
4 buns (buttered and toasted)
dill pickle slices
1. Put the chicken in a ziplock bag and pound gently until about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Cut each breast into 2 equal pieces.
3. Marinate the chicken in pickle juice for about an hour, not much longer.
4. Beat together egg and milk in a bowl.
5. Mix together the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
6. Heat the oil in a skillet to about 350 degrees.
7. Dip each chicken piece into the egg covering both sides, then coat in flour on each side.
8. Fry each chicken piece for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
9. Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil, then serve on the toasted buns with pickle slices.