Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Chicken with stuffed zucchini
1 T plus 1 t olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 C packed and shredded zucchini
1/4 C plus 2-3 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t plus a pinch of kosher salt
pinch black pepper
3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
8 thin chicken breast cutlets
1/2 C bread crumbs
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 450. Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil and all of the garlic. Cook about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, pinch of kosher salt, and black pepper. Cook about 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mix to reach room temperature.
3. Wash and dry the chicken. Spread spoonful of zucchini mix on each cutlet. Loosely roll up and set chicken aside, seam side down.
4. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and remaining cheese. In another bowl, combine 1 T olive oil, lemon juice, remaining 1/2 t salt and black pepper, to taste.
5. Dip rolled chicken in lemon mix, then into bread crumbs, rolling to coat evenly. Place chicken seam side down into baking dish. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray and bake about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.