Thursday, March 24, 2016
I'm really happy about this recipe. While it is supposed to be oven baked chowder, it really isn't because I forgot to add the last ingredient at the end... heavy cream or coconut milk! The end result is... oven baked salmon stew, I guess. This had the perfect balance of sweetness from the carrots and parsnips that will surprise your taste buds! This recipe is taken from the primal blueprint meal plan.
1 1/2 lbs fish, about 1 inch thick, skin removed
1/2 t kosher salt
1/2 t paprika
2 parsnips, thinly sliced or cut into 1 inch cubes
3 carrots, thinly sliced
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 T olive oil
2 C chicken broth
1/2 C water
1 T unsalted butter, cut in small chunks
1 bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Season fish with kosher salt and paprika. Set aside.
3. In an 8x11 baking dish, toss parsnips, carrots, celery and onion with olive oil. Spread evenly in dish.
4. Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove. Pour over the vegetables.
5. Evenly sprinkle the butter on top. Add the bay leaf.
6. Cover the baking dish tightly worry foil and bake 30 minutes. 7. Add the fish and bakeep again another 30 minutes with foil covering dish.