Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Easy Chicken Parmesan
This recipe is a perfect weekday meal! Best part is that now I am a mother trying to balance my time between caring for baby and cooking, this one is totally mom approved. This recipe can be tweaked as needed depending on how many mouths you're feeding or how much leftover you want. Expect one to one and one half chicken breast cutlets per person.
2 chicken breasts, cut in half
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C parmesan cheese
2 T butter
1 T olive oil
Mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare two bowls for dipping the chicken. Add the bread crumbs and cheese to one bowl. Add the butter and olive oil to the other.
3. Brush butter mix onto the chicken and then dip chicken into the bread crumbs. Place chicken into the cooking dish.
4. Spray cooking spray onto the top of each chicken. Cook chicken for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile in a skillet, heat up your marinara sauce (we love Rao's for quick & store bought) for about 3 minutes. Once chicken is finished, place into the sauce and put cheese on top of each chicken cutlet. Cover with a lit until cheese is melted. Serve.