These wings taste like they were cooked in a deep fryer! However, they were done completely in the oven and have the perfect crispy, tender flavor. I love using hot sauce for my wings, but any works for these!
1 to 3 lbs wings and legs
1 stick butter
Frank's hot sauce
1. Generously salt wings in a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 24 hours.
2. Boil water. Pour water into the bowl of chicken and let sit for 2 minutes.
3. Drain water and thoroughly dry chicken with paper towels. Very dry is key.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, more salt, 1 to 1 1/2 t baking powder. Toss to coat.
5. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet on wired racks. Cook at 375 to 400 degrees for 45 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip chicken.
6. Melt butter. Stir in 1/4 to 3/4 C Frank's hot sauce. Toss chicken in batches.