Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Baked Granola

My friend Kristin gave me a sample of some granola she made and instantly I knew it was some sort of crack. I had to have it and suffice to say but I'm hooked on it! I'm so thankful she shared the recipe from Once Upon a Chef with me, her go-to place for recipes.



3 T pure maple syrup
3 T packed light brown sugar 
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt 
1/3 C vegetable oil
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick) 
2/3 C chopped pecans 
2/3 C silvered almonds 
2/3 C shredded unsweetened coconut flakes 
1/2 C dried blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
2. In a large bowl whisk together syrup, sugar, cinnamon, salt and oil until mixed. 
3. Add in oats, pecans, almonds and coconut flakes and gently mix with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. 
4. Pour into baking sheet and press down firmly onto the sheet with spatula until granola is spread somewhat thin in an even layer. 
5. Bake 25-35 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. 
6. Allow to cook fully before adding dried blueberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment