Saturday, May 9, 2020

Inside out cheeseburgers



I was very happy with the easiness of this recipe. Skinny Taste is a great blog I've followed for many years and this is one of her recipes I'll keep in my collection!



4 slices American cheese
1 pound ground beef or turkey
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Hamburger buns
crisp Iceburg lettuce slices
red onion, sliced and separated
sliced ripe tomatoes
sliced pickles
ketchup and mustard

1. Set grill to medium heat. Clean and oil the grates.
2. Fold each slice of cheese into quarters to create 4 short stacks.
3. Divide the meat into 8 equal balls then flatten into 1/4 inch thick patties.
4. Place a stack of cheese in the center of 4 patties and top with the remaining 4 patties. Pinch the edges to seal, then push the up the sides so they are an even thickness. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
5. Place patties on grill and cover, and cook about 6 minutes per side over medium heat, or until the center is cooked through. I put more cheese on top because I was unsure how it'd turn out. I used pepper jack but didn't like it that much and will definitely use American next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment