Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cucumber Sandwich

Looking for a guilt-free lunch item? This is perfect after a long afternoon spent at the beach or pool. It's cold and filled with lots of delicious veggies!

I have to admit, I am not a cream cheese lover (unless it is cheesecake!!) or for that matter, I am not a condiment lover. I like things very plain. I cannot stand mayo, mustard, sour cream and everything between.

This sandwich calls for cream cheese and mushed up avocado. I loved the sandwich and I went ahead trying it with the cream cheese on it... but ew, I still stand on not liking it and its friends.

However, I am pretty sure the world would like this sandwich with the cream cheese, so I must share! I just so happen to have a picky tongue and I curl at the thought of all those thick, creamy things.


Cucumber Sandwich

2 thick slices whole wheat bread
2 T cream cheese, softened
6 slices cucumber
2 T alfalfa sprouts
1 t olive oil
1 t red wine vinegar
1 tomato slices
1 leaf lettuce
1-2 pepperoncini, sliced
1/2 avocado, mashed

Spread each slice of bread with 1 T cream cheese. On one slice of brad, arrange cucumber slices in a single layer. Cover with sprouts, then sprinkle with oil & vinegar. Layer tomato slices, lettuce and pepperoncini. Spread avocado on other bread slice. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment