Wednesday, June 15, 2011

English Muffin Toast

I woke up super early with a bit of a stomach ache. 4 A.M. early! Whew.
However, I was able to calm my belly with some hot tea and some great bread that I made yesterday. It is totally satisfying! It tastes good with butter, jelly, or even cinnamon (and yes, I've already had all three within two days).

Give her a try! I cut the recipe in half because I only wanted to make one loaf, but if you can easily double it! Just remember to equally distribute the dough in two pans for it to rise properly during the 45 minute resting period.

English Muffin Bread
Better Homes

Cornmeal
3 C all-purpose flour
1 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 scant t baking soda
1 C milk
1/4 C water
1/2 T sugar
1/2 salt

Grease a loaf pan and lightly sprinkle bottom and sides with cornmeal. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 C flour, yeast and baking soda. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk, water, sugar and salt until just warm (~120-130 degrees). Using a wooden spoon, stir milk mix into flour mix. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 C flour.

Place dough into pans. Sprinkle top with cornmeal. Cover and let rise ~45 minutes.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment