Friday, July 22, 2011

Cakey Cookies

This is one of my most popular cookie recipes! Whenever I make them, I have people begging for the recipe. Not only do the cookies turn out looking like they came from a magazine, they taste like a piece of heaven! Chocolate chip cookie and cake all in one bite.



Cakey Cookies

1 yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker's super moist)
1/2 C butter, softened or 1/2 C veggie oil (I've used both. Whatever you have on hand...I like it best with the butter)
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 C chopped nuts (optional--I use walnuts. I bet almonds would be good!)
1 C semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, vanilla, and eggs with electric mixer on medium until smooth. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
Onto a greased cookie sheet, drop dough slightly less than 2'' apart. Bake 10-12 min. Cool on wire rack.
Pour yourself some milk and embrace the goodness of the cakey cookie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment