Sunday, January 13, 2013

Biscuit Egg Sausage Casserole

This breakfast is totally and utterly FILLING. If I were you, I would definitely serve this to a group of at least 4 people. Served to just us two left us with a TON of leftovers! I guess it also depends what you conjure up with it. I may have just went a little overboard on the carbs to make it super filling--serving it with hash browns and grits. It will be nice to eat later as a snack or for breakfast tomorrow though.


Dig in!! This biscuit casserole is a Pillsbury recipe. It is totally simple and does not require many ingredients. Normally in this household you would find all made-from-scratch ingredients, but I need a break from time to time! Therefore, here is my little treat to all of you crazy housewives who appreciate homemade meals (and by homemade, you know what I mean by homemade...) but need a little time off once in a blue moon. I'm so with you!!

1 package bulk pork sausage
1/3 C chopped onion
10 eggs
1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers original biscuits

Heat oven to 375. Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Brown sausage and onion in skillet. Drain well.

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese and sausage mix. Separate dough and press down into the bottom of the baking dish. Pour sausage mix over top.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until egg is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool five minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment