Sunday, January 20, 2013
This recipe I stole from Simplyrecipes. This blog was voted in the top 25 food blogs of 2012. I'd say go on over there and pay a visit. You may find something to add to your repertoire.
1 lb spinach leaves (about 2 bunches), cleaned and chopped
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
9 large eggs
2 T milk
1/3 C grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
Montery Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cook spinach in 1/4 C water in a covered saucepan until just wilted, a couple minutes. Drain water and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Saute onions in olive oil in an oven-proof skillet (I used cast iron) until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add cooked spinach and mix well.
5. Pour egg mix over spinach mix. Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mix along the sides of the pan to let the egg mix flow underneath.
6. Sprinkle handfuls of Montery Jack cheese over top of the frittata mix. When it is half set, put the whole pan in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden and puffy. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.