Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin pie


This was the first time I've ever made pumpkin pie and I have to say it was not a disappointing attempt!! I chose something easy and quick so that I could manage to still cook a nice dinner but have time to make dessert fresh. So here's my easy pumpkin pie recipe below taken from the popular website, allrecipes.com. 

1-15 oz can pumpkin purée
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1- 9 inch unbanked pie crust

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
  2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment