Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Buttery, Crispy, Cheesy Chicken Q's!!!!!


If I could bow down to this dinner, I'd look pretty goofy, but it deserves such attention. Let me introduce you to Chicken Q. Capitalized because it deserves to be a proper noun. The first time I made this, I cooked it on my pancake griddle! I don't even know what prompted me to do so. I wanted a bigger, flat surface to make several at a time, and folks, I was on the right track. The way I decided to prepare them and grill them seriously made for the perfect buttery and crispy bite I've ever tasted as far as chicken quesadillas are concerned.

 Now, this makes a perfect weeknight meal. It is quick and fairly simple. The meals works especially well if you have leftover chopped chicken. I think the hardest part is flipping Mr. Chicken Q without losing a handful of his organs. In other words, some chicken ends up falling out if you don't have the necessary skill using a spatula with speed and agility. I make it sound like a science! Well, it is!! (Given my history with flipping eggs and breaking the yolks, I'm not an egg master, sadly. On a positive note, I've gotten much better with practice.)  Pair this meal with my homemade salsa and guacamole, sour cream if you're fly like that, and anything else your little heart desires.

What you need for the Chicken Q:
-Shredded, cooked chicken breast (if I make this without extra on hand, I use about 4 chicken breasts, topped with salt and pepper, and baked at 350 for 40 min-1 hour depending on thickness)
-Tortillas
-Butter (softened)
-Your favorite mexican cheese blend
-Sauteed onions (optional)
-Jalapenos (optional)

1. Heat pancake griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. While you wait for pan to heat up, butter one side of a few of your tortillas.
2. Once pan is hot, throw tortilla butter side down onto the surface. Begin adding your chicken, cheese, onions, jalapenos, and anything else you want in it. Immediately fold the tortilla in half and press down to flatten it out.
3. Flip tortilla half over once the first side is browned to your liking and cook some more.
4. Remove from pan, cut in half. And repeat the process (you will have to keep repeating several times if using a skillet). Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment